MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, March 24, 2014

Must haves and comforts...

Part of my pre-surgical journey has been digging up as much info as possible to get me prepare for the big day.  In this quest of ultimate surgical knowledge, I have encountered a lot of wonderful tips, products and ideas.  I am going to work on compiling them in this post. I will update it as I go.

Hospital Must- Haves:

  • Pillow with your own cozy pillowcase
  • Gas-X strips
  • Toothbrush/paste
  • Shampoo/Conditioner
  • Clean undies
  • Chap stick
  • Lotion
  • Phone/Tablet
  • Mouth wash
  • Slippers with grippers
  • Abdominal Binder- I have only seen one person mention this but I would imagine it will be a friggin life saver
!
  • Loose clothes
  • Phone charger!

Pre/Post-op Must- Haves:

  • Cup warmer (GENIUS! for those times you are eating something warm and don't want it to be cold by the time you finish)
Beverage Warmer

  • Powdered milk... for those liquid diet days when clear broth gets boring and you want something "creamy"
  • Yonanas machine. It takes plain, frozen fruit and turns it into a frozen treat!

  • How about Unjury's 21g of protein CHEESE SAUCE?! What fat kid doesn't like them some cheese sauce... mix this with some spaghetti squash and its healthy mac.
 Protein’d® Cheese Sauce, by UNJURY® Protein
  • Sippy cup/ Tervis cup!
  • Baby spoons
  • Baby plates
  • Pill box for vitamins



Those are my best ones so far. I will add more as I find them!


xoxo,

Jess

9 comments:

  1. Can I just say I adore your Gril Scout/Type A personality?!!! You remind me so much of myself Pre-Op. You are going to rock this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing on this list is the GasX strips... I was in constant pain until I decided to get my friend to drive me to the store for GasX. Within 15-20 mins most of my post-surgery pain was gone! It was all gas and bloating from my stomach to my shoulders. Too bad I waited until day 3 to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make sure not to wait! I took too many tums the other day and was in so much pain from the gas bloat. ugh

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I was like "duuuuuuhhhhhh" when I heard of that idea. How clever and simple!

      Delete
  4. About the sippy cup. Spring for a tervis cup. You can keep hot and cold beverages in it and it doesn't have an air lock on in it that you have to suck. No straws and no sucking post surgery. This is so you don't get air into your belly. It will hurt to burp or hiccup for awhile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one i have not heard of yet! Thank you for the tip. Last thing I want is to cause more pain or discomfort post op :)

      Thanks for reading and following!

      Delete