MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, March 28, 2014

"Why don't you try....."

Last night I had one of those experiences that I am sure EVERYONE that has WLS goes through. Someone telling you all the ways you could lose weight by NOT having WLS. Because they know better than you right? This is just something we all jump into with no thought because we are just fat and lazy and this is the easy way out. Right?

I really wish people would educate themselves before opening their mouths, but I do not live in a fantasy world.

My step dad, bless his heart, had an hour long conversation at me last night.. I say AT ME because he talked and I sat there and listened. He was explaining to me that people that go on prozac usually lose like 30-40lbs and that people that use CPAP machines usually lose 10-15lbs..  So his suggestion is that I dont get surgery I just go on pills that I don't need and sleep with a machine I also do not need.  

"Why don't you just try something else before you jump into surgery?"

REALLY!?

Have you not been paying attention to me for the last 16 years you have known me?

Lets make a quick list of all the something elses:

  • Weight watchers
  • Slim Fast
  • Cabbage Soup Diet (old school this was when i was like 13-15)
  • Nutrisystem
  • Trainers at the Gym
  • Low Carb
  • No Carb
  • Advocare
  • Diet Pills
  • Fasting
and probably more things I am not even thinking of because im all fired up!

Please be supportive.
Please trust that I have done my research.
Please don't try to be a doctor when you are not.
Please do your own research.

END RANT

xoxo,

Jess