MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, March 14, 2014

To Sleeve or Band.. That is the question!

Sooooooooooooooo

This quest for a healthy Jessica has lead to LOTS of reading. LOTS of it. I thought that I wanted the band, but now I am starting to consider the sleeve. I have not started talking to the bariatric team yet as I am still awaiting the approval. I would like some feedback from anyone who happens to read this and has some insight they would care to share.

Ready
.
..
...
....
Set
.
..
...
....
COMMENT!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica, I'm a new reader :)
    I think I found you through Hollee's blog. I'm getting a lap-band in a few months (not sure yet, as no surgery date has been scheduled), but I think you should do what you think is best for you -- do all the research that you can, and take all of your questions to your surgeon. Have you been a seminar yet? You could probably see a doctor before you have your insurance approval :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and taking the time to comment. I am in the process of waiting for approval and in the meantime doing a ton of research. My health plan requires a lot of pre-surgical steps. Which I like. It gives me a lot of opportunity to learn about what decision I will be making. I am leaning more towards the sleeve than the band now after this weekend, but we shall see!! Thanks again for being here :)

      Delete
    2. Do what you think is best, that's the MOST important!

      I'm the opposite you, I think, in regards to the pre-surgical steps. I didn't want to go through ANY of them, haha. Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover the surgery, so I'm going through financing/out-of-pocket pay.

      I hope your insurance approves you!!

      Delete
  2. That is such a personal and individual decision. Definitely talk to your surgeon and discuss the options and what would be best for you. Everyone is different so you have to do what is right for YOU!!

    ReplyDelete