MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday, Monday!

I had a delightfully uneventful weekend. Rest was much needed after the shock of daylight savings time. Can't remember the last time I felt so depleted. I didn't even get out of my PJs on Sunday. I did do my food prep for all my lunches for the week, so that made me feel good. I am still working on getting my routines down in the new house.

Still waiting to hear anything from my health plan. The longer I wait the more I learn, so I suppose there are worst things in the world. I thought I was leaning towards the band but now I am really thinking its going to be the sleeve for me. I even watched the surgeries being performed on YouTube. If you don't have an aversion to blood/surgical stuff, you should check it out. Very interesting to see exactly what happens. Helped me to better understand some of the pain and discomfort that I hear post-op people talking about.

On the recommendation of Cheri, I read this book over the weekend. "Stranger here: How weight-loss surgery transformed my body and messed with my head" by Jen Laren. I got it on Audible.com. It was VERY fun to listen to. The lady who does the reading does a really good job of expressing the characters. I found the book to give a good "insider" version of WLS and the full scope of changes.. mind, body, relationships, careers, ALL of it. She doesn't hold anything back. The one thing about this book that had me raising an eyebrow is it doesn't seem like she worked out much to get such huge weight loss results. I am not sure if that's just something she doesn't talk about much in the book or what.  Good book, you should check it out if you haven't.  If you are like me and can't sit still long enough to read a real book, audible has it!



Hope everyone has a lovely Monday.

xoxo,

Jess

6 comments:

  1. great job doing meal prep on Sunday. I always cook a batch of chili on Sunday for all my lunches for the week.. it makes getting out the door in the morning so much easier too to know its already ready to go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me so happy for the rest of the week when i dont have to worry about lunches. I need to keep this up.

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I need to do better meal prep. I'm awful at that - I always remember at 9 p.m. on Sunday night. It's always my goal, every week, and most times I don't do so well :( But I do cook "extra" for dinner for my leftovers... better than nothing, I suppose?

    Good on you for preparing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the chicken in the crockpot, brown rice in the rice maker and then sauteed a bunch of mixed veggies (I used a bag of broccoli slaw and some squash). Made it super simple and not very time consuming. Baby steps :) Cooking extra is a great start.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely LOVED that book. It's such an insightful look at how rapid weight loss can mess with your head a bit.

    Really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very entertaining and I can relate with her on some things and others not so much. It will be interesting to re-visit the book after I have had my own weight-loss. I will have to do a follow up post down the line :)

      Delete