MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, March 7, 2014

Here we go!

So, Lets start from the top.

Hi, My name is Jessica. I am 27 years old from.. to make it easy lets just say Seattle.  No one really knows where Sumner or Pacific are, so Seattle! I work at the University of Washington in an administrative job (which means I am sitting at a desk most of the day.. whomp whomp whomp).

I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I have always been the fat girl with a pretty face.  That fact has not held be back from a lot of things. At least not that I have really noticed until recently. I have had boyfriends, friendships, traveled and etc. I try not to let it get into my way.  As of late, my weight has SKYROCKETED! I used to "top out" at about 250lbs get on a diet and start moving more and I could drop 20-30lbs fairly easily.  This is no longer the case for me. This morning I weighed in at a crushing 291.8lbs. That officially an all time high. One that I am not proud of, it is just fact.  I have been doing weight watchers for 3 months and have not lost a pound, in fact I have gained 3lbs.

The idea of weight loss surgery has always scared me, and I have been opposed to the idea.  Recently, I have been rethinking.  The idea of being morbidly obese scares me much more than the weight loss surgery.  I know I am going to encounter a lot of "haters" with this decision.  Unfortunately, a lot of those will be my family. People always want to tell me why I don't need to worry but here are a few reasons why I do:


  • Diabetes
  • Heart Disease
  • High Blood Pressure
  • Stroke
  • Sleep Apnea
  • Not to mention these photos:




I am not hating on myself by any means. I just want to accept the fact there is a problem and I need to fix it. 

I spoke to my doctor last night, he agrees that I have thought about this decision thoroughly and is referring me to the bariatric case manager. If I get approved by the case manager then I can start the months for pre-op work that is required. I will update this as soon as I know anything. 

LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!  And may the odds be ever in my favor?