MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hindsight...

A year ago, I was frustrated that I was at 246lbs. I had lost 26lbs, but couldn't get the scale moving at a rate I thought was appropriate for my size or effort.

So what does this girl do?

EFF it all! Gain 50lbs.

It wasn't on purpose, but it happened because I let it. Now I wish I could be that frustrated girl sitting at 246lbs. I would tell her "Don't give up. You've got this. FIGHT THROUGH IT"

Where was I when I needed me before? Please remind me of this when it happens again. Because it will happen. Over and Over again. I will hit walls and hurdles and think I CANNOT do this, because I never have. Truth is, I can do this. Many others have before me, and many others will after. Sometimes I just need a kick in the pants and a reminder that I can.


6 comments:

  1. Been there. Still fighting it, but at least this time I'm winning MORE than losing. :-) Keep at it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Beth Ann!! I appreciate having you in my corner.

      Delete
  2. Youre right it will happen again but you can totaly push through it when it happens and reach out to the rest of us for support when you get to a point that its a struggle. the WLS Blogging community is such a wonderful community. If you are on FB you can friend me and we can stay connected that way too Christy M Flick ( on FB)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy! I just sent you a FB request :) It is helpful to be held accountable. I think that's one thing that I have been lacking. Its so acceptable in my family to gorge and make unhealthy choices. Hard to step out of that "norm"

      Delete
  3. Just wondering if you've had your hormone levels checked lately? I gained a lot of weight when I wasn't on the right combinations of meds, and once I found out I had PCOS and found some things to do to help that, I have been able to lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my doctor thought I had PCOS based on my symptoms but he ran every test in the book and my levels came back normal per their labs standards. I have been doing weight watchers since December per his orders and have not lost a pound. My body is being a bitch....pardon my french. I'm hoping the sleeve will help me get past this.

      Delete