MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It doesn't hurt to ask ... "They" say

I have always been taught "It doesn't hurt to ask." However, I do not normally live by that idiom. I usually don't ask for one reason or another. I don't want to be a bother. I don't want to be that girl.  I just don't like to cause others extra work on my account. Maybe that resonates somewhere deeper inside of me because I think I am unworthy of extra work? What makes me so special that I should ask for someone else to go out of their way for me?

Well, yesterday I decided that I did not like the scheduler's answer. I did not like having to wait THREE MONTHS for an intake appointment. Especially knowing that I would have two months of work proceeding that appointment before surgery. So, I did something that I don't normally do. I called the bariatric nurse. I left a message and I told her I didn't like the fact I was on a waiting list for June. I told her I know what I want and its important to me to get in sooner. I was kind and just asked.

Today, I got an email from her stating her apologies for the mishap with her schedule. She had a cancellation and asked if I wanted it.  When is this cancellation you ask.... APRIL 17th!  WONDERFUL! Yes, I will take it. I am extremely grateful. 4 weeks.. HECK YES!  Things are looking up again. Sometimes I just have to behave like I matter and good things happen.



xoxo,

Jess