MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It doesn't hurt to ask ... "They" say

I have always been taught "It doesn't hurt to ask." However, I do not normally live by that idiom. I usually don't ask for one reason or another. I don't want to be a bother. I don't want to be that girl.  I just don't like to cause others extra work on my account. Maybe that resonates somewhere deeper inside of me because I think I am unworthy of extra work? What makes me so special that I should ask for someone else to go out of their way for me?

Well, yesterday I decided that I did not like the scheduler's answer. I did not like having to wait THREE MONTHS for an intake appointment. Especially knowing that I would have two months of work proceeding that appointment before surgery. So, I did something that I don't normally do. I called the bariatric nurse. I left a message and I told her I didn't like the fact I was on a waiting list for June. I told her I know what I want and its important to me to get in sooner. I was kind and just asked.

Today, I got an email from her stating her apologies for the mishap with her schedule. She had a cancellation and asked if I wanted it.  When is this cancellation you ask.... APRIL 17th!  WONDERFUL! Yes, I will take it. I am extremely grateful. 4 weeks.. HECK YES!  Things are looking up again. Sometimes I just have to behave like I matter and good things happen.



xoxo,

Jess

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!! This is amazing! And I have to say...yes! It never hurts to ask. You just never know.

    My friend Jen has something she says all the time when things aren't going her way, when dealing with customer service reps, etc..."this just isn't going to work for me". I swear...it's like magic. She's like you...very polite, very respectful, but just firm in her resolve. And it opens ALL kinds of doors. I'm going to have to take a cue from y'all and try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the second time this week that I have gotten something better by being firm but polite. I got $30/month off my internet bill for a year after a terrible experience with the installation tech.

      Things are looking up!

      Delete
  2. WOW . That is fantastic news, I am so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it makes me happy to not have to wait so long considering they require a lot of pre op stuff that will take 2 months to complete. Hopefully I can get surgery in June.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic! That is one mighty cute turtle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was basically my face when i got the email :)

      Delete