MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, March 31, 2014

17 days

17 days….

17 days until my 1st consultation.
I
Cannot
Friggin
Wait!

I am going to my first support group meeting on Wednesday evening. It’s a great start and a great way for me to get accustomed to the specifics of the surgery through my health plan. I feel like I am waiting in line at Disneyland and it seems like it is taking FOOOOOREEEEEEVER. Before I know it I will be on the ride and it will be over faster than I know. I will look back and the wait won’t even be an issue. 

I have started trying to incorporate post-op behaviors into my daily life. This way the transition won’t seem so severe. I have been using smaller plates and bowls, and making sure I am getting enough water in. When I remember, I try to eat my proteins first then the rest.

As much as I want to, I am holding off on buying any post-op supplies as I have heard over and over again that your tastes change. I don’t want to have a bunch of useless protein.

My posts feel sort of boring to me right now… they will get more exciting once I have a surgery date I hope J

Xoxo,

Jess

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The time keeps ticking away, a little over 2 weeks til I get to start the 2 month jumping through hoops process. Once I have a surgery date, it will be the only thing I will be able to think about... not that it isnt already haha!

      Delete
  2. Support group is so great. I learned so much while I was going and I even met one of my best friends there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE support group too. It can be simply invaluable. Like Beth Ann already said...I met a really great friend there as well.

    Let us know how it went. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete